Services include LTL, Truckload, Intermodal, Consolidation, and Transportation Management.
The Carrier Sales Coordinator is primarily accountable for identifying carriers to transport loads for Taylor Logistics Inc. a non-asset 3PL. and is responsible for managing carrier relationships and tracking load activity to ensure proper on time metrics and negotiating rates with carriers to achieve target margin goals. Challenge is to exceed customer expectations for service levels through leveraging exceptional carrier relationships.
As a carrier sales representative, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Build and develop new carrier relationships
- Manage and maintain existing carrier relationships
- Negotiate freight rates with carriers
- Maintain high sales margin percentages to achieve organizational financial objectives
- Work with staff to Track and trace all shipments.
- Work quickly to identify and resolve problems that develop, notifying appropriate parties involved.
- Sustain a positive attitude to communicate with customers, carriers, and staff.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Brokerage Operations (4 years)
- Brokerage Sales (1 year)
- Brokerage Software (i.e. DAT, Internet Truckstop, Getloaded, FleetSeek, CRM)
- Mode of Transportation (i.e. Truckload, LTL, Intermodal, Reefer-produce)
- Verifiable growth track record
- Pricing and Margin Integrity
- Negotiations (knowledge of spot rate market)
- Computer literate: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Education: Diploma
- Residence: Cincinnati, OH
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Dispatch Software (i.e. Aljex, Mercury Gate, TMW, McLeod)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- High energy with strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
- Excellent communications (i.e. verbal, written, presentations)
- Team player (operates through collaboration)
Call: 513-773-2115 or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org