May is Mental Health Awareness Month | Be Kind To Your Mind
For Mental Health Awareness Month, here are six resources from Headspace to help with your mental health.
1. Connections – Invest time and energy into your relationships
2. Exercise – The body and mind are intrinsically linked. A healthier body leads to a healthier mind
3. Lower stress levels – Schedule time for leisure, contemplation, and appreciation
4. Eat healthy – Swap out refined sugars and processed foods for brain-healthy fats like those in avocados, almonds, or fish
5. Get more sleep – If you struggle to fall asleep, try avoiding all screens for an hour before bed
6. Find purpose or meaning – via relationships, engaging work, hobbies, or even caring for a pet